Beck dating history linsay lohan dating video
It is probable that the original Church was built, like Keighley, Colne and Bingley, in the Twelfth Century.
Only in Keighley is it likely that the founder worshipped there regularly.
Bolton Priory came to control land and Churches in upper Airedale from Keighley to Malham, as well as in Wharfedale.
Haworth Church was a chapelry of Bradford (built in 1070, also by the de Lacys) until 1879; it is first mentioned in a decree of 1317 compelling the (lay) Rector and Vicar of Bradford and freeholders of Haworth to pay the chaplain as "from ancient times".
There are two more ancient grave-slabs in the Church, dating from about 1450.
One names Gilbert Kyghlay de Utlay and Margaret, his wife.
The earliest record of Christianity in the area round Keighley dates from 867 AD, when Archbishop Wulfhere of York fled from marauding Danes to Addingham, where he had a manor as part of his Otley estate.
There is no evidence of a Church there before the Norman Conquest, only a 9th-Century graveyard and Anglian (Celtic) cross shaft which might have marked the graveyard, or a preaching post for visiting monks.